Wednesday 30 November 2011

Sir Rick of Parfitt



Wealth was the measure of our success
Better amps, bigger shows, louder, faster
The villas and pools I've had; the palace
Where I played my Telecaster
We were celebrated and loud, yes
But we were modest avatars
Being ordinary served us best
Lads in denim – big German cars
Life was better when we played in bars
There is no art in the gluttonous
The powdery crunch of our guitars
Was so simple, powerful, numinous
I do not seek too much, as before
To sustain my craft and art, less is more

Life on the road is pretty healthy these days. ‘We always take a chef with us – I don't eat any pasta. I don't eat any potatoes. I rarely eat any bread. I give myself a break once a week and have something with more carbs in it, but for the most part I just stick to protein.’

Rick Parfitt of Status Quo quoted in Guitar and Bass magazine, December 2011





No comments: