Thursday 17 December 2015

Come dine with me

In such good company
The art of conversation can thrive
The food was excellent  
well-chosen and in season
For this reason, I am giving you a five

I have eaten gazpacho before
It’s somewhat passé, don’t you think?
A bit gauche, a bit nouveau riche
At least there was plenty to pour
For this reason, I am giving you a four

For you, talk does not flow easily
Your talents are not culinary
Your menu, frankly, did not rise above the ordinary
Beans on toast, I mean … really?
For reason, I am giving you a three

I did not say anything
But there was a hair in my stew
Your conversation was awkward
Your cooking atrocious
For this reason, I am giving you a two

You greeted your guests with a gun
Three contracted food poisoning
Another decided to run
For this reason, I am giving you a one

No comments: