Wednesday 18 May 2011

Who am I?

















I surf a wave of despair
I’m damaged, fucked up, sad
If you’re afraid, I don’t care
I’m not just angry, I’m mad!

Can’t sing, can’t dance, can’t paint, can’t draw
That’s so passe. Done that, been there!
Being good at stuff is a bore
I am, like, hurt inside, yeh

If you interrogate my art
You’ll see it works conceptually
My genius? Where do I start?
Me me me me me me me me!

I wear my scars with pride
The artist’s pain, like Vincent
Come on my bare-knuckle ride!
In this tortured world I’m an innocent

Or am I? You will see ’em
As I turn a pound from this racket
Sex, decay, carpe diem –
The old tricks. I make a packet

I am out there; I’m feisty
My kind of thing is hot
Cos it’s, like, zeitgeisty
I’m a famous artist. You’re not!


 

1 comment:

No Mind said...

Regardless of what people might say, this artist never bores me.