Thursday 28 June 2012

Fanatics


With leather jacket and sneering lip
They dictate to us in articles and lists
What is uncool this week and what is hip
They are merely cultural narcissists
They see the world through a cracked prism
Probably they were bullied at school
Their dogma is based upon solipsism
Don’t jab your stained finger at me you fool
You tattoed hairy men and inky scribes
It doesn’t make me inferior, or ‘gay’
Just because I don’t rave about your tribes
I do not like (insert name here) OK!
Take your lists and nail them to a church door
Like Martin Luther did, you total bore



It's about a fellow called Tony Parsons but somehow the subject morphed into Martin Luther (left). Weird. I think that all fanaticism is essentially the same and it is almost always masculine. Not that I don't have my own fanaticisms but I don't mind if people don't share them

No comments: