Thursday 17 August 2017

Clown and doll


Once there lived an orange clown
in a white house on a hill.
The puppet man who ruled the world
spied his foe, the china doll.

‘They’re going after Jefferson
one day they will get me too.’
He shouted at at the hapless toy
‘And so you Goddam freak: fuck you!’

The doll’s skin was like porcelain
his pursed lips like a cupid’s bow.
He liked to taunt the harlequin
on who would rule the puppet show

‘Your words don’t mean shit to me
or your fucking rodeo.
Fuck your white supremacy
I’m gonna fucking kill you bro.’

The angry clown snarled back in pain.
‘Now I’m getting mad,’ said he.
‘Your word are very threatening.
It’s me who who runs this nursery!

‘I’m gonna make it bad for you
hotter than Kardashian
meaner than a rattlesnake
with fire like you’ve never seen!’

The harlequin laughed maniacally.
‘Whose the fucking loser now?
Come on boys, let’s lock and load.
Seriously, we’re good to go.’

The china doll was calm and still
despite the wailing sirens' sound
heaping morsels on his plate
hidden safely underground.

He did not fear the puppet man
or his weird orange glow.
He listened as a city burned
in a bunker far below.

No comments: