Monday 4 April 2011

Move on















It’s time to move on
Time to succeed
Time to shed your friends
Like an old skin
It’s time to begin
Time to start again

You never stuck in the knife
I stuck it in my myself
Move on, don’t look back
It’s OK. I won’t make a fuss
Move along. There was no us

There was no arc
No walks in the park
We never held each other
In the dark
We never laughed
We never cried
There was no love
We never tried

Move on, cos you’re right
I am mediocre
Your light shines bright
An I am guttering out
Like a dead star
No fuss, don’t shout
I’m wrong you were right
Move on - tonight


Gm7
It’s time to succeed
Time to begin
A7
Shed your friends Like an old skin
Bb7      A7            Gm7
Move on ... move on

We never cried. We never laughed (same chord pattern)
Never held each other in the dark
Move on ... move on

Cm7                                                Gm7
Oh you never stuck in the knife. I stuck it in my myself
Cm7                                          D9                         Eb9-D9
It’s OK. I won’t make a fussBecause there was never us
Gm7
Move on

There was no love between us two An I will get over you 
You will forget me soon, move on

Instrumental break over V chords x 2 then return to chorus chords

The time has come, I guess your right I'm a mediocrity
And now you star is burning bright I've got to get out of your light Move on


It’s time to succeed Time to begin Shed your friends 
Like an old skin Move on ... move on 
We never cried We never laughed  Never held each other in the dark
Move on ... move on


The end has come cos it's your choice To pull the plug on us
Compared to you, I'm just a lout I wouldn't want to put you out. Move on


Instrumental to end



NB: A bath full of tears for the best interpreter of this song. It's a kind of fast rumba sung in the style of Jeff Buckley

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Made me cry.

Unknown said...

Wh
oops. Mike isn't crying - but I am!

willh said...

It looks like we all are