Saturday 18 January 2020

Ayatollah


The loft light, why was it left on?
And the fridge door, why is it open?

In the lounge, who has betrayed me
with this spreading empire of dust?

There is a reason for my cleanliness
for the world outside is leaderless

Let it be known. My power is absolute!
I am the supreme ruler of this house

This light that breaks in wantonly
did I not say the curtains should be drawn!

No no no no. Do not approach the door
The goal that you seek is illusory

There is freedom in security
If you leave, others will surely follow

There is no need to venture out
Did I not build you a new patio?

Beyond the garden wall is mere anarchy
You would shrivel, like a dried fruit

By my beard, my words are holy
I speak with the tongue of Solomon

No-one can oppose my authority
I am the lord of the conservatory!

No comments: