Friday 21 April 2017

Nationwide BS





















I'm gonna miss it
repossessed. Me and our kid 
in his vest

The barbeque from
B&Q, the garden –
weeds are growing through.

You were the pimp and
I the whore. The thing is
who is paying for

the hundred plays I
never wrote. The music?
Not a fucking note!

You took my dream of
liberty. You bought
my creativity.

You should be punished
for your crimes. Instead you
offer comfy rhymes

soft focus dreams of
what we had. But where
were you when times were bad?

The factories, the shops
closed down. The life sucked
from this hollow town.

The house weren’t mortgaged.
It was me. I swapped my
soul for slavery.

You wanted us to
be like you. To join
your pin-striped wrecking crew.

Your easy finance
was not free. It bought us
mediocrity.

A million loans a
millions cards and 
a million prison yards.


No comments: